This website spif.in (Website) is owned and operated by the Suicide Prevention India Foundation (SPIF), a company incorporated under the Companies Act, 2013 with a CIN U85300KA2017NPL106438 and having its registered office at 391, 2nd A Main, 2nd Block, HRB Layout, Bangalore, Bangalore, Karnataka, India, PIN-560043. Lighthouse aims to provide evidence-based counselling to individuals with suicidal tendencies.
- You may visit the Website without revealing your identity or any personal information about yourself. However, if you choose to register with SPIF, certain information may be collected for the purpose of such registration.
- The information collected at the time of registration may include name, address, telephone number, email address, gender, postal code, password.
- Additionally, financial information such as bank details, credit card details, debit card details, account details, PAN card details or electronic wallet details that may be required to transact on the Website, may also be collected.
- Demographic information such as information about your computer, hardware, software, platform, media, Internet Protocol (IP) address and connection, information about online activity such as feature usage and click paths, and other data that you may provide in surveys or through stories posted may also be collected.
- User information mentioned in Clauses 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4 may be utilised in the following ways and for the following purposes:
- To provide safe, efficient and smooth experience on the Website and allow you to participate in the features we offer on the Website;
- To process your registration and/or upload your user generated content;
- To process any payments made on or through the Website and any refunds you may get in your account through the Website;
- To carry out obligations arising from contracts between you and us including, but not restricted to, delivery of our services, collection of payment and provision of customer services;
- To provide you with information, products and services that you have requested/subscribed for, or agreed to receive;
- For internal operations such as troubleshooting, data analysis, research, testing and service improvement of the Website, and to improve the Website;
- To respond to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, and
- To fulfil other purposes disclosed at the time you provide your information or otherwise, with your consent.
- By visiting, accessing and/or using the Website and/or submitting your information, you consent to such use of your information, including your Personal Information and Usage Information.
- We may share your information, including Personal Information and Usage Information to third parties, if we are under a duty to disclose or share such information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or where we believe, in good faith, that the law requires it, or at the request of Governmental authorities conducting an investigation or to respond to an emergency.
- By visiting, accessing and/or using the Website and/or submitting your information, you consent to such transfer and disclosure of your information including your Personal Information and Usage Information.
- Your information collected by us may be stored by us only for the period necessary for purposes specified hereinabove.
- By visiting, accessing and/or using the Website and/or submitting your information, you consent to such storage of your information, including your Personal Information and Usage Information.
- SPIF currently accepts donations from: (i) Indian citizens and organisations registered in India; (ii) Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) /foreign nationals; and (iii) organisations registered outside India, through various channels for donations made available on the Website. To this effect, if you wish to donate to SPIF, you will be asked to supply certain compliance related documentation including your Permanent Account Number or any other similar identification details applicable in your territory. However, this information is not stored on our servers, and will be stored with a third-party website.
- If you wish to use the ‘DONATE’ feature on the Website, we may collect Personal Information of a third party, limited to the name and email address of such third party, for the purpose of issuing a ‘thank you’ note for the donation made by you on behalf of the third party (Third-Party Information). You agree that you are solely responsible for the permissibility of usage of the Third-Party Information, and SPIF will not be liable for any claims arising out of the use of the Third-Party Information.
- Anonymous donations will not be accepted. You agree that all information that you provide for the purpose of making a donation will be accurate, complete and current. Once you donate, you agree to fully complete and fulfil the obligations that arise out of your participation in donation / payments on the Website. You agree to pay all charges incurred by authorized users of your account and credit card or other payment mechanism at the prices in effect when such charges are incurred, to SPIF, through its bankers / credit card companies. You will also be responsible for paying any applicable taxes, if any.
- You understand that donations once made cannot be charged back, except in cases of fraudulent use, once investigation is carried out by necessary governmental / bank authorities and proof substantiated. In case any donation receipt is issued against the same, that shall stand cancelled, and any income tax benefit so derived shall be null and void. Please note that with regard to any donations made to SPIF, the acceptance of the same is at the sole discretion of SPIF. SPIF reserves its sole rights to accept or reject any donation without assigning any reason thereof, with full money being refunded to the applicant.
- You have a right to opt-out of providing any of the information mentioned in Clause 1.1.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to the use, disclosure or transfer of your information mentioned in Clause 1.1.
- You have the right to update or correct your information provided under Clause 1.1.
- You have the right to unsubscribe from any commercial communication, which is not essential for us to provide you with our services. You may exercise such right by contacting the grievance officer as per Clause 6 of the Policy.
- The name and contact details of our grievance officer is as provided below:
Name: Weslin Panakal
Designation: Grievance Officer
Phone Number: +91-9962525286
- We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of your information and to protect your information against unauthorized access or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction.
- For the above purpose, we have adopted internal reviews of the data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where your information is stored.
- We also have a comprehensive documented information security programme and policy which contains managerial, technical, operational and physical security control measures, as required by law.
- However, in order to facilitate more effective data protection, we urge you to take steps to keep your information safe, by memorising your passwords, or keeping them in a safe place (separate from your account information), logging out of user accounts, and closing your web browser.